The Wood Stone 'New Vintage' Tenor Saxophones are the result of years of technical expertise and know-how from the wonderful technicians at Ishimori, Japan.
The Ishimori repair centre/shop in Japan is regarded by some of the worlds finest sax players as THE mecca of Saxophone repair and customisation. Out of the years of experience of these highly skilled Technicians comes the Wood Stone 'New Vintage' Tenor Sax; a culmination of their technical expertise, coupled with the meticulous study of vintage saxes of years gone by with the application of modern design and acoustical advances.
The VL model is an rich gold vintage lacquer finish, this gives the Sax a resonant and lively tone. The lacquer itself is thin and hard to bring the optimum resonance from the tube. The detailing of design and finishing of these Saxophones is second to none, let's have a look at some of the more unique features:
1. The neck features a vintage style exterior with slimline keywork for a rapid, accurate action. The internals are modelled on the finest vintage necks in history (Selmer MKVI #90,000) that have been meticulously studied and enhanced to balance the tuning scale and response on these 'New Vintage' models.
2. Instead of using glue at the body/bow and bow/bell joins they are soldered together. This allows the tube to act 'as one' and resonate freely with no dulling or dumbing down of the vibrations at these key acoustical points.
3. The comfortable thumb hook is designed to leave space between the fitting and the body, this again allows for maximum resonance and a freedom of the brass.
4. Even the neck screws are scrutinised and produced from a special alloy to enhance the resonance at this key acoustic point of the instrument.
5. The Thumb Rest is made of hard rubber (ebonite). The density and material of this small component can make a big difference to the resonance, response and warmth of the Sax.
6. The internal bore shaping is a modified vintage design which perfectly balances the neck measurements. This ensures a very even tone from top to bottom and also rock solid intonation.
7. The key layout has again been the subject of much research and design. The Ishimori president (Tomochika Ishimori) has years of experience modifying all sorts of Saxophones to fit perfectly under the fingers. These concepts and his personal design ideas about the springing have been applied to the 'New Vintage' Sax range.
8. The outfit is supplied in a deluxe hard case with shoulder straps and an optional front and back pocket. It really is a luxurious case with some cleaning accessories included. (no mouthpiece or ligature supplied)
This VL model (vintage lacquered) sounds with brilliance and forcefulness
- Finishing: Vintage lacquer
- One-piece neck, body and bell. Body soldered to the bow for better vibration
- High F # sharp
- Solid Silver neck adjustment screws
- Unique Thumb hook design for better resonance
- Saxophone case "GL CASES" (made for Wood Stone)
- Neck and body swabs
- External cloth
※ Does not include mouthpiece or ligature.
○ The vintage lacquer is coated with very fine lacquer on itself so that the saxophone vibrates and resonates well. Therefore, its lacquer would wear out easily, but this feature provides the best acoustics to the instrument at the same time. Therefore please note that unfortunately we cannot accept any exchanges and/or returns.