New Selmer Supreme !!!
Selmer has done it again, Selmer lives up to its name and once again takes the lead in the development of the saxophone. We are sure that the other brands in the market will incorporate these technical evolutions in their own saxophones as soon as the patents allow it!
It has been more than 5 years since we first heard about a prototype of this new Selmer Supreme model at the SaxFest in Andorra. When things are done right you need the unanimous approval of the best, and if this new saxophone has not been released before it was because of that lack of agreement among the best saxophonists in the world. The time has come! The new identity of the Alto Saxophone, in capital letters, is here.
Alto Saxophone Selmer Supreme, the pinnacle of perfection.
Since the beginning of the 20s of the last century, Selmer has produced different models of saxophones of which this latest model Supreme gathers the best of each one:
* Sound quality and aesthetic beauty of the Balanced Action and SBA.
* Power and flexibility of the Mark VI
* Ease and richness of timbre of the Super Action Series II
* Accuracy and intonation of the Series III
* Consistency and roundness of the Reference
Among its technical innovations we can highlight:
* New tone holes design, where the airflow can pass quickly, inspired by the manufacture of flute tone holes.
* Concentric 3-point locking union between neck and body for a better fit.
* Correction system for C# tuning is lightened.
* Octave key action optimized thanks to a teflon bearing system.
* Redesign of the side keys and their location to facilitate even more their execution and the passing from one to the other.
* Direct regulation arm between the F# (tf) and F key of the right hand allowing a better regulation and stability.
Among its star qualities:
* Richness of timbre adapted to all musical styles.
* Unparalleled intonation, including correction in the low Bb thanks to the modification of the length of the bell.
* Unprecedented flexibility and playability. Never before has a saxophone been so easy to play.
* Great projection
* Spontaneous, full and round sound.
* Subtle aesthetics
*Ergonomics adaptable to all types of hands
Includes Selmer Concept mouthpiece, Selmer body and neck swab cleaners, and exclusive Supreme Case.
A true saxophone work of art
The overall aesthetics of the Supreme saxophone have been completely revised, evoking the fluidity of performance through clean lines and rounded angles.
The engraving on the bell of the Supreme alto evokes universality. The genesis of the sound is embodied in the hatching of the vegetal mix, traditionally used in Selmer's recordings. Cubes illustrating the structure of the metal molecules.
The freshness brought by this birth, evokes the projection of air, movement, speed, life. A disk on the the back plan evokes a planet, creating a notion of infinite space.
It is available in 5 configurations of materials and finishes:
DGG : Engraved dark lacquer
AG : Engraved silver
NG GO : Engraved black lacquer, lacquered keys
AMG GO : Engraved solid silver with lacquered keys
AUG : Engraved gold plated